and when you view an ADLIB advertisement on your device.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FIRST AND THIRD PARTY COOKIES?
- Cookies set by the website publisher or the app developer are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by other parties are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided, like interest-based adverts, videos and analytics. When you visit ADLIB’s website, we serve first party cookies to your computer or mobile device to enable certain website functionality. Our third party technology providers may also serve third party cookies to your computer or mobile device to enable third party services through our website, like social media sharing functionality. When you visit a website or use an app that uses ADLIB’s advertising services, we will serve a third party cookie to your computer or mobile device through that website or app. This enables us to recognise your computer or mobile device both when you use that website or app and also when you visit other websites and apps that have partnered with us.
- WHAT ARE SESSION AND PERSISTENT COOKIES?
- Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your website browser or app is open and are deleted automatically once they are closed. Other cookies are ‘persistent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser or app is closed and can be used by websites or apps to recognise your computer or device at a later time.
- WHAT ARE WEB BEACONS?
- Web beacons (aka clear gifs or pixel tags) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. These technologies help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. The information gathered by web beacons is not tied to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
HOW DO WE USE THESE TECHNOLOGIES?
- ADLIB WEBSITE
- ADLIB AD NETWORK
- CONTROLLING HOW COOKIES ARE USED
- The privacy settings in the majority of web browsers and mobile devices enable the access and control of most cookies. To decline cookies served by ADLIB for the purpose of serving interest-based advertising through the ADLIB Ad Network on mobile sites and apps please clickOPT-OUT
- LEARN MORE ABOUT COOKIES
- To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.